2019 Triathlon Training Skills Camp
Camp Cathedral, East Freetown, MA
19 May 2018, 0730
Are you ready to take your triathlon training and performance to another level? Join us Saturday, May 18th at Cathedral Camp in East Freetown, MA for an in-depth, skills oriented training camp led by the coaches of Breakthrough Performance Coaching and co-hosted by Sun Multisport Events. This camp includes a a combination of classroom instruction and active swim, bike & run training. If you’re a triathlete who wants better results from your training and an opportunity for structured learning from knowledgeable coaches in a fully supported environment, this camp is for you!
Cathedral Camp is home of the award winning Patriot Half which makes this camp especially valuable for anyone training for the 2019 Patriot Half as it includes swimming, cycling and running on parts of the course you will encounter on race day. Not racing Patriot? Not a worry… attend the Triathlon Skills Training Camp and you’ll leave more confident and more prepared to tackle your next big race.
Below is the camp schedule. Note that actual timing may vary on the day of camp based on camper interests and needs.
- 7:30am-7:45am: Registration/check-in.
- 7:45am-8:00am: Introduction and camp overview.
- 8:00am-9:15am: Open water swim clinic; campers to be grouped based on ability and comfort level; session to cover entering and exiting the water, drafting, sighting and wetsuit removal.
- 9:15am-10:00am:Setting up your transition area and transition practic
- 10:00am-11:00am: Cycling skills clinic; session to include bike handling, dealing with mechanical issues and navigating the water bottle exchange.
- 11:00am-2:00pm: Ride on the Patriot bike course; distances to vary; campers to be grouped based on speed and fitness; session to include key riding cues and USAT rules and apprpriate race intensity efforts on the road.
- 2:00pm-3:00pm: Run on the Patriot run course; distances to vary; campers to be grouped based on speed and fitness; coaches to review T2, heat management, nutrition and run form.
- 3:00pm-4:30pm: Debriefing and Q&A followed by food & refreshments courtesy of Blue Ribbon BBQ